A summary of our current release of MFractor for Visual Studio Mac
About installation and upgrade to latest version
Currently there's a bug on the Visual Studio for Mac Extension Gallery where MFractor is stuck on an older version. We are working with Microsoft on a fix for this issue. To get the latest versions of MFractor please check the Installation and Setup page for instructions on manual installation and update.
- v4.4.1 - Released on November 19th 2020 - Fixes a critical bug in the image importer for iOS image sets.
- v4.4.0 - Released on November 10th 2020 - MFractor 4.4 is a major release that adds the new App Icon Importer Feature, allowing you to easily import application icons into your projects.
- v4.3.3 - Released on September 24th 2020 - Fixes a bug where links within tooltips sometimes would not clickable.
- v4.3.2 - Released on September 8th 2020 - Fixes a bug in binding context resolution.
- v4.3.1 - Released on August 26th 2020 - Release to align with Visual Studio Windows service release.
- v4.3.0 - Released on August 6th 2020 - MFractor 4.3 is a major release that adds includes several new features for tooltips plus lots of bug fixes and overall product improvements.
- v4.2.12 - Released on August 2nd 2020 - Preview release for MFractor 4.3.
- v4.2.11 - Released on July 20th 2020 - Service release to fix exported font bugs.
- v4.2.10 - Released on July 14th 2020 - Service release to fix customer reported bugs and improve the XAML editor performance.
- v4.2.9 - Released on July 12th 2020 - Service release to fix customer reported bugs.
- v4.2.8 - Released on July 7th 2020 - Service release to improve performance of XAML analysis engine and reduce memory consumption.
- v4.2.7 - Released on July 1st 2020 - Service release to resolve several customer reported bugs and add tooltips for colors/images.
- v4.2.6 - Released on June 25th 2020 - Service release to resolve several customer reported bugs.
- v4.2.5 - Released on June 22nd 2020 - Service release to fix users being unable to activate MFractor Lite.
- v4.2.4 - Released on June 19th 2020 - Service release to fix several customer reported issues, support for the new grid shorthand declaration format and more.
- v4.2.3 - Released on June 9th 2020 - Service release to add initial support for Blazor/Razor.
- v4.2.2 - Released on June 8th 2020 - Service release to add initial support for Blazor/Razor.
- v4.2.1 - Released on May 29th 2020 - Service release to improve the UX of the Scaffolder.
- v4.2.0 - Released on May 27th 2020 - MFractor 4.2 for Visual Studio Mac is a major release that adds support for Visual Studio 8.6, serial key license activation and fixes several bugs in the core product.
- v4.1.3 - Released on May 18th 2020 - Service release to activate license expiry notification and fix integration issues in the code actions Alt+Return menu.
- v4.1.2 - Released on May 17th 2020 - Service release to fix several small issues in the code actions Alt+Return menu.
- v4.1.1 - Released on May 16th 2020 - Service release to fix multiple user reported bugs, adds the ability to disable analysers at a document level, color adornment editing support and moves the scaffolder out of preview.
- v4.1.0 - Released on May 12th 2020 - MFractor 4.1 for Visual Studio Mac is a major release that adds automatic 30-day trials, adornments, font tooling, additional XAML analysers and much more.
- v4.0.17 - Released on May 11th 2020 - Service release to fix a crash caused by color adornments.
- v4.0.16 - Released on May 10th 2020 - Service release to include automatic 30-day trials.
- v4.0.15 - Released on May 7th 2020 - Service release to align Mac version to Windows.
- v4.0.14 - Released on May 4th 2020 - Service release to align Mac version to Windows.
- v4.0.13 - Released on April 20th 2020 - Service release to expand the font tooling, new XAML analysers and improved performance for the XAML analyser.
- v4.0.12 - Released on April 18th 2020 - Service release to hotfix an XML syntax transformation failure and adds MobileBuildTools image support.
- v4.0.11 - Released on April 14th 2020 - Service release to improve font tool suite by adding a font viewer pad and support for embedded font assets.
- v4.0.10 - Released on April 10th 2020 - Service release to add color consolidation, UWP support for the image manager plus bug fixes for binding analysis.
- v4.0.9 - Released on April 8th 2020 - Hotfix to address thickness simplification analysis bug showing too many warnings.
- v4.0.8 - Released on April 7th 2020 - Service release to add thickness consolidation and significant performance improvements to the XAML analysis engine.
- v4.0.7 - Released on March 29th 2020 - Create class from clipboard tool and Resizetizer image asset support.
- v4.0.6 - Released on March 24th 2020 - Support for Visual Studio Mac 8.5 and adds insert/delete grid row and column refactorings.
- v4.0.5 - Released on March 19th 2020 - Service release to fix bugs in color and grid adornments.
- v4.0.4 - Released on March 17th 2020 - Adds grid row/column index adornments. Adds color adornments (enabled via a feature flag).
- v4.0.3 - Released on March 10th 2020 - Adds several new XAML analysers, improves performance/memory usage and introduces a new C# refactoring.
- v4.0.2 - Released on March 2nd 2020 - Adds x:DataType support to binding context resolution and font glyph tooltips + IntelliSense.
- v4.0.1 - Released on February 24th 2020 - Fixes style and grid refactoring bugs.
- v4.0.0 - Released on February 20th 2020 - Marketing release to announce the launch of MFractor for Visual Studio Windows.
- v3.10.4 - Released on February 11th 2020 - Adds our new onboarding dialog, adds a new legal main menu item and reduces the final package size of MFractor.
- v3.10.3 - Released on February 3rd 2020 - Fixes many small XAML IntelliSense issues and adds grouping for MFractors commands in the Key Bindings preferences.
- v3.10.2 - Released on January 28th 2020 - Bump release to trigger Visual Studio Macs updater mechanisms.
- v3.10.1 - Released on January 23rd 2020 - Maintenance release to fix a bug in color analysis.
- v3.10.0 - Released on January 22nd 2020 - Focuses improving our on-boarding workflow, improving the UX and discoverability of code actions plus adding tooltips for colors and images.
- v3.9.8 - Released on January 14th 2020 - Enables image and color tooltips in XAML plus refactorings to move attribute values into static resources.
- v3.9.7 - Released on January 10th 2020 - Adds product tips that show once per week.
- v3.9.6 - Released on January 9th 2020 - Support for Visual Studio Mac 8.4 and introduces the Simplify Types wizard.
- v3.9.5 - Released on December 31st 2019 - Fixes several data-binding and style analysis bugs.
- v3.9.4 - Released on December 23rd 2019 - Hotfix for a localisation wizard issue and activation dialog bug.
- v3.9.3 - Released on December 11th 2019 - Hotfix to address attribute values not being suggested sometimes during a completion session and several XAML IntelliSense upgrades.
- v3.9.2 - Released on December 7th 2019 - Critical hotfix to remove incorrectly bundled assemblies, grid IntelliSense improvements and fixes for several customer reported bugs.
- v3.9.1 - Released on December 6th 2019 - Contains various fixes for the value converter generation workflows.
- v3.9.0 - Released on December 3rd 2019 - Major release improving overall stability and performance.
Please note that no release notes for MFractor for Visual Studio Mac are available before v3.9