Release notes for our 3.10 versions of MFractor for Visual Studio Mac
Released on 11th of February 2020
This release adds our new onboarding dialog, adds a new legal main menu item and reduces the final package size of MFractor.
- A new onboarding dialog welcomes you when you first install MFractor.
- A new Legal top level menu.
- Smaller distributable package size thanks to the removal of some no longer needed assemblies.
- Fixed: Add Image Tooltip support for C# code and ImageSource Properties. #189
Released on 3rd of February 2020
This release fixes many small XAML IntelliSense issues related to attribute value and attribute shorthand completions plus adds a grouping for MFractors commands.
- In the Key Bindings preferences, all MFractor commands are now grouped under an "MFractor" section.
- Fixed: MFractor's IntelliSense would not trigger when starting an attribute value with
- Fixed: MFractor's IntelliSense would not trigger sometimes when starting a new attribute with a letter. You would need to manually start the session with
- Fixed: Image assets are no longer suggested inside XAML expressions.
- Fixed: XAML styles would incorrectly report style mismatches.
Released on 28th of January 2020
This release is a "bump" release to trigger Visual Studio Macs update mechanisms.
- When an MFractor feature is Professional only, show a much more obvious status message using the toolbar.
Released on 23rd of January 2020
Maintenance release to fix a bug in color analysis.
- We've trimmed down the size of the extensions by removing some unnecessary assets.
- Third party attribution is now on docs.mfractor.com.
- Fixed: Small bug in color Intellisense warnings. #184.
Released on 22nd of January 2020
The v3.10.0 release focuses improving our on-boarding workflow, improving the UX and discoverability of code actions, adds tooltips for images and colors and includes better refactoring support for static resources.
- Our new code issue tooltip window presents available fixes for a code issue in the tooltip. You can them click on the suggestion to apply the fix.
- Color Tooltips in XAML.
- Hover over a color value to preview the color.
- When MFractor suggests color values via IntelliSense, it also provides a preview as a tooltip.
- Click on the color value to copy the hex value to the clipboard.
- Image tooltips in XAML and C#.
- Hover over an image name to preview the image.
- Click on the image preview to open it in the image manager.
- When MFractor suggests image assets values via IntelliSense, it will present a preview of that image.
- Static Resource refactorings:
- Use the Move to App.xaml refactoring to shift a resource from a page or control into the App.xaml file.
- Use the Refactor into static resource code action to shift an attributes value into a resource entry in the current file or in the App.xaml.
- The new Generate Font Character Code Class creates a C# class with all font character names and icons available as string constants.
- We've cleaned up our Activation Dialog UI structure and direct you to the documentation site after you activate.
- We've addd a new Request Trial main menu option so you can quickly request a trial license.
- We've addd a new Recover Professional License menu option so that you can recover you MFractor license.
- We've addd a new View Release Notes menu option under the About menu so that you can view the release notes for the current release.
- New Import font asset completion in XAML to launch the font importer and inject the FontFamily XAML needed to reference that code.
- We've added help links to the following features:
- Generate custom renderers.
- Image Importer.
- Image manager.
- Image deletion tool.
- Image optimisation tool.
- Bindable property wizard.
- Attached property wizard.
- Generate Interface Implementation.
- Font Importer.
- We've added a help links section to our XAML analysis preferences panel. As we document each analyser, a link to view the docs for that analyser become available.
- The Find Custom Renderers code action is now accessible through the Alt+Return menu in C#.
- When you update MFractor, we now show a small thank you message and provide you with a link to the release notes for that version.
- When you first install MFractor, we trigger Visual Studio Mac to restart to complete the installation.
- We've multiple issues where MFractor Lite wouldn't properly record and inform you that you were on a restriction of 4 documents per day.
- Fixed: The Start Accessibility Inspector command would not appear or launch.
- Fixed: The Edit Shared Project Items command wasn't opening the
- Fixed: Sometimes Row and Column location completions wouldn't appear while editing a child of a grid.
- Fixed: Numeric data-bindings no longer give type mismatch warnings.