Release notes for our 4.3 versions of MFractor for Visual Studio Mac
Released on September 24th 2020
Fixes a bug where links within tooltips sometimes would not clickable.
Released on September 8th 2020
Fixes a bug in binding context resolution when the
<VisualElement.BindingContext> setter node is used and adds new a analyser to detect when Grid row/column definitions can be simplified.
Released on August 26th 2020
Release to align with Visual Studio Windows service release.
- Fixed: XAML control contextual scaffolder. #295
Released on August 6th 2020
MFractor 4.3 is a major release to support Visual Mac 8.7 and includes several new features for tooltips plus lots of bug fixes and overall product improvements.
- Navigation Tooltip Links: When MFractor can perform a navigation action for the current element, the new
Navigate Tolink will appear in the tooltip.
- Code Analysis Help Links: When a code inspection has a help file available, you can now click on the Help link in the tooltip window to learn more about it.
- SVG Tooltips: Hover over an SVG file reference or SVG path data and MFractor will now show you a preview of that SVG. (Mac Only)
- Localisation Tooltips for C# and XAML: When a property maps to a
.resxlocalisation lookup, MFractor will display a summary of all localisations for that key.
- DateTime Format Preview Tooltips: Hover over a data time format string to see a preview of it as DateTime.Now.
- Fixed: Add support for the
- Fixed: The Create new Style code action should trigger the Create New Style window instead of a blank one. #277
- Fixed: Unable to find Carousel
IndicatorView(false warning). #289
- Fixed: The
NavigateToFileSpansWorkUnitHandleris not implemented (breaks go to custom renderer). #245
- Fixed: Visual Studio Windows - Manage Image Assets - not populating. #291
- Fixed: Scaffolder on VS Windows Code Preview and Scaffold list broken. #284
- Fixed: Enhancement localisation tool. #134
- When over a localisation expression, show localisation values summary in a tooltip.
- Go to definition support for localisation expressions.
- Code action to move a string literal to a RESX file (new or existing).
- Ongoing performance and memory improvements:
- Removing (most) usages of
Task.Runto prevent MFractor generating unnecessary threads.
- Pre-caching/pre-populating as much state as possible when performing XAML analysis.
- More use of
Lazy<T>to defer or avoid the cost of expensive resolution operations.
- Removing (most) usages of
- Code output previews for the
Generate Customer Renderersand
Exclude From Linkingfeatures.
- XAML Localisation: Removed dependency on deprecated
ILocalisemethodology and moved to
.resxfiles methodology. See Xamarin.Forms String and Image Localization.