Release notes for our 4.0 versions of MFractor for Visual Studio Mac
About installation and upgrade to latest version
Currently there's a bug on the Visual Studio for Mac Extension Gallery where MFractor is stuck on an older version. We are working with Microsoft on a fix for this issue. To get the latest versions of MFractor please check the Installation and Setup page for instructions on manual installation and update.
Released on May 11th 2020
Service release to fix a crash caused by color adornments.
- Fixed: When duplicate color resources are available to a document, do not crash the editor.
Released on May 10th 2020
Service release to include automatic 30-day trials.
Released on May 7th 2020
Service release to align Mac version to Windows.
Released on May 4th 2020
Service release to align Mac version to Windows.
Released on April 20th 2020
Service release to expand the font tooling, new XAML analysers and improved performance for the XAML analyser.
- Font string preview tooltips.
- Embedded font tooltips.
- Go to definition support for fonts that opens the font viewer.
- Analyser to verify the content of a refresh view is scrollable.
- Analyser to verify the content that the platform specified by an
Onelement is a known platform.
- Analyser to verify that a referenced embedded font is defined.
- Analyser to detect when a C# style newline (
\n) is used within XAML and warn that it is not escaped.
- Fixed: The XAML analyser would always re-analyse the document if it's window lost focus and then regained it.
- Fixed: The XAML analyser would not re-analyse the document after a solution sync had finished.
Released on April 18th 2020
Service release to hotfix an XML syntax transformation failure and adds MobileBuildTools image support.
- Support for MobileBuildTools style image assets in all image features.
- Fixed: XML syntax refactorings would not work.
- Fixed: The XAML analyser no longer flags the design schema as unknown when inspecting properties.
Released on April 14th 2020
Service release to improve font tool suite by adding a font viewer pad and support for embedded font assets.
- The new font viewer pad allows you to visually explore the content of a font asset.
- Support for embedded font assets in font analysis, IntelliSense and tooltips.
- When setting the
BindingContextfor a control, new shorthand completion that provides available x:Name fields to create a
Released on April 10th 2020
Service release to add color consolidation analysis and refactorings and support for UWP in the image manager.
- Color consolidation analyser finds colors usages throughout your app and notifies you when you could merge them into a single static resource.
- Color consolidation refactorings to batch replace all duplicate color values with a static resource.
- UWP support for the font importer.
- UWP support for the image manager.
- UWP support for the delete image asset tool.
- When using a custom font and a static resource to resolve the glyph code, MFractor can now render a preview of that glyph.
- Fixed: The choose file dialog doesn't disappear when importing a license.
- Fixed: Using
x:Referenceto refer to the root XAML element as a binding context would generate binding validation errors.
Released on 8th of April 2020
Hotfix to address thickness simplification analysis bug showing too many warnings.
Released on 7th of April 2020
Service release to add thickness consolidation and significant performance improvements to the XAML analysis engine.
- Thickness consolidation analyser finds thickness usages throughout your app and notifies you when you could merge them into a single static resource.
- Thickness consolidation refactorings to batch replace all duplicate thickness values with a static resource.
- Significant reduction in memory consumption when MFractor analysis XAML and a 400% improvement in performance times.
Released on 29th of March 2020
Service release to add the Create class from clipboard tool and Resizetizer image asset support.
Released on 24th of March 2020
Service release to support Visual Studio Mac 8.5 and adds
- Insert row/column code actions.
- Delete row/column code actions.
- All of MFractors code actions are now grouped under a single MFractor Code Actions menu. This makes it easier to discover our code actions.
- New code fix to remove all redundant grid row and columns.
Released on 19th of March 2020
Service release to fix bugs in color and grid adornments.
- When editing inside an OnPlatform element, MFractor now suggests the available platforms as completions.
- Fixed: Grid adornments with double digits are no longer clipped.
- Fixed: Show color elaborations on black and white. #195
- Fixed: Grid adornments should honor IDE theme (dark vs light).
- Fixed: MFractor doesn't correctly recognize type of binding source. #194.
- Fixed: MVVM Wizard - Color Coding the XAML File Previewer. #119.
Released on 17th of March 2020
Adds adornments for grid indices and color values.
- MFractor now adds an annotation before a Row/Column definition to show it's index.
- MFractor now adds a color annotation alongside color values to show the color inline.
Released on 10th of March 2020
Adds several new XAML analysers, improves performance/memory usage and introduces a new C# refactoring.
- We've retired the legacy way we resolved symbols in XAML files to significantly in improve performance and memory consumption in XAML analysis, tooltips, code actions and IntelliSense.
- Code Analysis:
- When a ViewCell is used inside a CollectionView, MFractor will warn you that it is obsolete.
- MFractor now inspects the Glyph codes used with a FontFamily and verify the glyph exists in the font.
- Code Issue Fixes:
- When a style resource does not exists, use the create style fix to start the style wizard and create a new one.
- Swap event handler binding between
Released on 2nd of March 2020
Adds x:DataType support to binding context resolution and font glyph tooltips and IntelliSense.
- When hovering over a font glyph code and MFractor can resolve the font family, a tooltip preview of that glyph will now be shown.
- When editing string values and the font applied has glyphs, MFractor now suggests the font glyphs in IntelliSense.
- Fixed: MFractor now supports binding context resolution using x:DataType.
Released on 24th of February 2020
Fixes bugs in extract style and convert stack layout to grid refactorings.
- Fixed: Horizontal stack layouts would generate broken code when converting to a grid.
- Fixed: Do not include
Textproperties when extracting a style.
Released on 20th of February 2020
MFractor 4.0.0 is a marketing release to announce the launch of MFractor for Visual Studio Windows.
- Our New onboarding dialog to welcome you after installing.