Release notes for our 4.0 versions of MFractor for Visual Studio Mac
About installation and upgrade to latest version
Currently there's a bug on the Visual Studio for Mac Extension Gallery where MFractor is stuck on an older version. We are working with Microsoft on a fix for this issue. To get the latest versions of MFractor please check the Installation and Setup page for instructions on manual installation and update.
Released on May 18th 2020
Service release to activate license expiry notification and fix integration issues in the code actions Alt+Return menu.
- Show license expiry notifications at 14, 7 and 1 days for both Professional and Trial licenses.
- Fixed: Fix integration issues for MFractors XAML code actions are not accessible through the "Option+Return" menu. #145
- Fixed: Replace duplicate namespace references does nothing. #211
Released on May 17th 2020
Service release to fix several small issues in the code actions Alt+Return menu.
- Code fix to migrate
- Fixed: Further tidy up for MFractors XAML code actions are not accessible through the "Option+Return" menu. #145
- Fixed: The
Remove all redundant style propertiesfix did not work.
- Fixed: Go To ViewModel is not honouring x:DataType. #209
Released on May 16th 2020
Service release to fix multiple user reported bugs, adds the ability to disable analysers at a document level, color adornment editing support and moves the scaffolder out of preview.
- The Scaffolder is a file creation wizard that infers your intended file type based on the provided name and file extension plus the context that you are creating that new file in.
- Disable XAML analysers at the document level using the following syntax:
<!-- [MFractor: Suppress(MF1000)] -->or
<!-- [MFractor: Suppress(com.mfractor.analysis.xaml.binding_expression_resolves)] -->. #202
Move Attribute To Parentcan move a matching attribute from an element into it's parent (EG:
Margin="10"set on a label inside a stack layout will be removed from the label and then added to the StackLayout).
- You can now edit a color adornment and launch the color editor. #199
- Fixed: MFractors XAML code actions are not accessible through the "Option+Return" menu. #145
- Fixed: Binding Context Initialise in XAML sets x:Key instead of x:Name. #207
- Fixed: Get binding IntelliSense using
x:DataTypeprovided at the root level. #201
- Fixed: 404 for code action Learn how MFractor detects your ViewModels and Binding. #205
- Fixed: Grid indexes clipped on 15" macbook. #197
- Fixed: Using Value Converter Wizard to add converter to page created duplicate xmlns. #204
Released on May 12th 2020
MFractor 4.1 for Visual Studio Mac is a major release that adds automatic 30-day trials, adornments, font tooling, additional XAML analysers and much more.
For a full summary of all features included in 4.1, please see the v4.0 release notes.